Friday, August 1, 2008

Paneer Tikka Sandwich

I love the cooking part...However deciding what to cook is the part I dread. My Mom would tell us that we didn't help her decide what to cook and always left it to her. I didn't see a big deal in it until I took my plunge. I find myself always asking my husband to help me decide what to cook. On Friday night however I gave him a warning, he had to come up with what the breakfast was going to be the next day, else there was going to be no breakfast. He immediately replied with 'Paneer Tikka Sandwich'.
Paneer Tikka Sandwich for breakfast?? Did he purposely say that because I had never made it before?? Either ways, I took it up.

Spicy Paneer Tikka Sandwiches:

Ingredients:
4 slices of Sandwich Bread
8 slices Cucumber
6 slices Tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded Carrot + 1/2 cup shredded Cabbage
1 Cheese slice

For Paneer Tikka:
1 T Oil
Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
Pinch of Jeera (Cumin)
½ Onion
1 Green chilly
1 ½ tsp Red Chilli powder
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Coriander
1 tsp Garam Masala
½ tsp Black Pepper powder
1 Tomato grated
1/4 Yellow Bell Pepper chopped in square pieces
10 small Paneer pieces

1. Cut all the vegetables required.

Cut Vegetables
2. Making Paneer Tikka
Heat the oil in a wok. Add jeera, once it splutters add hing. Saute the onion till transparent. Add the green chilly, slit and cut into 1 cm long pieces (You don't see it in the Cut Vegetables pic above, coz I remembered about it later :) This is what happens when you are making something for the first time). Now add all the masalas. Add grated tomato to it and saute till the oil separates. Add the Capsicum; let it cook for a min. Cook for another 2 mins after adding the Paneer. Take it out in a bowl and let it cool.

Panner Tikka Gravy
3. Laying the Sandwich
On a bread slice, lay out the cabbage and Carrot mix. The next layer is of the Paneer Tikka. Place half of the cheese slice folded into half. Put the cucumber and the tomato pieces and cover this with another Cabbage and carrot layer.

Sandwich Layout
Cover this with another slice. Similarly set other sandwich as well.
Heat the griller and place the sandwiches in.
Enjoy with tomato ketchup.


What say??? Does it look Yummy? Tastes even better :)

A must try.

I am sending this to SnackShots #6: Sandwich event being hosted by Michelle of Greedy Gourmet.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

HI Dear
Belated happy friendship day...

sandwich looks yummy & delicious.... wow... mouth watering... nice click...

Unknown said...

Please check my blog..have passed on a meme to you.

Deepthi Shankar said...

wow nidhi .. that looks soo yummy. Atleast your husband came uo with some dish in mind .. mine still leaves it to me .. i too agree, deciding what to cook is the most difficult part

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

This a most delicious looking and filling sandwich.
Btw, where did you study in Goa?

Sunshinemom said...

This looks yummy! Great thing to have on a nice rainy day!

Nidhi said...

~Srikar
Happy Belated Friendship Day!
Off to check your blog

~Vegetable Platter
I guess it was the warning that worked. You should try it too ;)

~Aparna
Thanks Aparna. I studied in Mapusa and graduated from Goa College of Engg, Farmagudi.

~sunshinemom
Thanks :)

Purva Desai said...

Nidhi!!
thanks for dropping by....
u ve a yummy blog too...
sandwich looks really tempting....
I wake up with this Big Q everyday, ''what to cook''??

Nidhi said...

~Purva
Thanks Purva!
I guess thats the eternal Q we have to live with :)
I wish we cud list down all the recipes, run our fingers through, to decide what to cook ;)

Jayashree said...

That last pic looks real yum....(drooling)....

ST said...

Sandwich looks yummy and delicious...Pics are drooling...

Dershana said...

Lovely sandwich!

This is my first time here, will visit again.

Do visit me at http://thefootloosechef.blogspot.com/

Nidhi said...

~Dershana
Welcome Dershana...Happy to have you.

Off to check your blg.

Yasmeen said...

The sandwiches look very yummy crisp and colorful.

Anu said...

Nidhi-

Such a yummy looking sandwich!

-Anu

Nidhi said...

~Yasmeen
Thanks Dear!

~Anu
Thanks!

Fahad Khan said...

Cannot tell you how nice that looks!